Skip to main content

How to Apply

CWC is an open-enrollment school - that means all students are accepted once their application has been submitted! Follow these steps to get started on your path to admission. 

 1) Apply for CWC admission

  • New students: Complete an online application.
  • Returning students: Login using your CWC student ID and password. If you forgot your password contact the Help Desk. 
  • International students: Follow our application process here.  

  2) Submit Your Transcripts 

  • Please send your official high school or high school equivalency (GED/HISET) and college transcripts to or fax to 307-855-2092. They can also be mailed to: 

Central Wyoming College
Student Records
2660 Peck Ave
Riverton, WY 82501

  3) Apply for Financial Aid & Scholarships

  • Apply for CWC scholarships between November 1st and March 1st each year at
  • Apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at The CWC code is 005018. The FAFSA is required if you want to be eligible for institutional scholarships, federal grants, student loans, and work-study programs. 
  • Wyoming Works: The primary purpose of Wyoming Works is to provide programs and resources for adult students to learn a skill and secure employment. The program makes available individual grants for students enrolling in approved programs at a Wyoming community college. It also provides a mechanism for colleges to apply for resources in support of the creation of appropriate programs.  The programs which qualify under this legislation are those which meet labor and economic development needs and may be for credit or non-credit.
    An orange circle with a buffalo at the center. Words say Wyoming Works, learn a skill that pays, central wyoming college

 4) Placement 

  • If you have had your official high school transcripts sent to CWC and they do not have your placement scores (ACT/SAT), then you should visit with a Success Coach/Academic Advisor by calling 844-GO-TO-CWC (844-468-6292). 

5) Advising and Registration

  • To make an appointment with your Success Coach you can call:
    • Riverton Main Campus - 307-855-2115 or 844-468-6292
    • Lander Outreach Center - 307-332-3394
    • Jackson Outreach Center - 307-733-7425
    • Disability Services - 307-855-2011,

 6) Orientation

  • Register for NSO. All new students are required to complete NSO. 

 7) Housing

  • If you plan to live on main campus or the Sinks Canyon Center, you will want to ensure that you complete the housing application and pay the $100 housing deposit. All Mote Hall, Residence Hall, and apartment residents are required to participate in an on campus meal plan. For more information, please call housing at 307-855-2210 or visit:

8) Textbooks

  • You can purchase textbooks from the CWC Bookstore, located in the Student Center on the main campus in Riverton or by calling 307-855-2201.
CWC is a friendly campus- see for yourself!

Contact Rustler Central

Have questions? Contact the Rustler Central Team at any point!

Call 307-855-2115

Questions? Text us!